1 In attic, mark location of solar-powered vent between two roof rafters.
2 Drive nail through center of vent location.
3 Install roof brackets and fall-arrest system to roof.
4 Scribe outline of vent’s flashing on roof using homemade dowel compass.
5 Cut shingles along circular outline with a utility knife.
6 Pull nails and remove shingles from within the circle.
7 Use compass to scribe hole for vent onto roof sheathing.
8 Cut hole in roof with a reciprocating saw.
9 Remove shingles from around the vent opening.
10 Apply continuous bead of tri-polymer roofing cement around hole.
11 Set roof vent over hole, then screw the fan’s flashing to roof.
12 Apply more caulking around flashing.
13 Replace all the roof shingles around the vent fan with 1 ½-inch roofing nails.
Minimize backpressure of exhaust gases.
- Angled throat within the flashing that provides a venturi effect, which increases airflow.
- This Solar Attic Fan was designed from the ground up to minimize obstructions in the flashing and shroud.
Maximize the exposure of the sun to the solar panel.
- The mounting bracket that houses the solar panel that allows for angling the panel.
- Optional remote solar panel can be installed away from the attic fan housing for applications where there is limited sunshine where the unit is installed.
- The remote panel is installed in a sunny area, capturing maximum sunlight and achieving optimal fan performance.
3. Minimize the ambient temperature of the solar panel because power output rapidly declines as temperature increases.
- The entire assembly is powder coated, inside and out, in a neutral gray color ensuring that it does not act like a heat sink.
- The solar panel mounting bracket allows for an envelope of cool air to continually circulate around the entire solar panel.
4. Adaptable to any location, roof type, in any environment.
- Constructed of .080 (14 gauge) aluminum, the flashing and shroud are seamless ensuring weather tight installations.
- Stainless steel animal protection screen.
- Stainless steel hardware throughout.
- Powder coated to withstand any environment.
- Fifty year Neutral Cure silicone bonds the flashing to the roof.