- Lowers Attic Temperature - Attic temperatures can exceed 160°F on hot summer days. Proper attic ventilation can reduce those temperatures by up to 50°F. No
matter how much insulation is in the attic, heat can still transfer into adjacent living spaces. In fact, extra insulation can actually add to temperature increases
because heat is trapped in the insulation. Proper ventilation evacuates this excess heat build-up.
- Reduces AC Load - Fan lowers attic temperature reducing the load on the HVAC System. Heat is exhausted, saving energy and extending the life of the air
- Extends the life of the roofing materials - Though asphalt shingles are designed to take the abuse of the sun for many years, they are subjected to greater
temperatures when the roof decking is allowed to overheat, which is just what happens in an under ventilated attic. Asphalt shingle manufacturers warranties
require proper attic ventilation. Attic ventilation is required in cold environments - it evacuates the warm moist air that heat sources produce. Hot moist air lingering in
the attic spaces can condense on the underside of the roof sheathing and rot it out and also causes mold to develop on the interior walls.
- Reduces Moisture Damage - During cooler months, moisture is the most serious concern. Even with the use of vapor barriers to keep moisture from entering the
attic, air leaks around ceiling light fixtures, bathroom exhaust fans allow unwanted moisture into the attic. Moisture condensing on the framing members and the inside
of the roof deck can lead to the growth of mold, mildew and rot in the roof deck and framing. A good indicator of moisture problem is rusty roof nails sticking through
the roof deck.
- Maintains Comfortable Temperature in Adjacent Living Spaces - Cooler air in the attic space will not affect the temperature in the adjacent living spaces if
- Prevents Ice Dams - Good ventilation helps prevent ice dams, which begin to form when warm air in the attic melts the snow from beneath and creates runoff that
refreezes on the colder eaves.
RV / Cabin Vent
1200 Square Feet
1800 Square Feet
- Energy Efficient - Attic venting is an important to
maintain a healthy energy-efficient home.
- Respiratory Health - Excess moisture trapped in
your attic can cause increased bacteria and mold
- Reduces AC Load - Proper venting cools your
roof reducing the load on your air conditioning
- Increase Fresh Air Circulation - Reducing
vapor build-up generated by every day activities
like showering and cooking.
- Passive Vents Ineffective - Soffit vents, ridge
vents and louvers depend on nature to provide
sufficient air pressure and movement - often
leaving the attic stagnant while building up heat and
This Solar Attic Fan is a simple and environmentally sensible solution that can save you money. Powered
completely by free solar energy, this sleek and efficient vent is compact and quiet. A single 10 watt unit can fully
vent up to 1,200 square feet, operating at up to 850 cfms. Place it wherever you need improved circulation; attics,
lofts, workshops, storage sheds, garages, even barns.
|20-Watt, 1,800 Sq.Ft. ET-SAF-20W|