Large L-16 Wet Cell Solar Storage Battery $315.00
For larger systems or for upgrading from 'golf-cart'
batteries, these L-16s have long been the
workhorse of the alternative energy industry. The
larger cell sizes offer increased ampacity and
lower maintenance due to larger water reserves.
Treated and sized well, L-16s typically last from
seven to ten years. 2-year warranty. Made in
Wet Cell Solar Storage Battery
True deep-cycle batteries that will tolerate many
80% cycles without suffering. Even with all the
millions spent on battery research, conventional
wisdom still indicates that these lead-acid batteries
are the most cost-effective solution to battery
storage. Because of the relatively low cost they
are hard to beat for small to medium sized
systems. Typical life expectancy is approximately
three to five years. 1 Year warranty. USA
Battery Voltage: 6V
Rated Capacity: 215 amp-hours
Weight: 64 lb/28.6 kg
RG Battery Watering Systems
Trojan T-105 6V Wet Cell Battery
Trojan L-16 Wet Cell
- Each cell will feature a grid of lead plates along
with an electrolyte based on sulphuric acid.
Since the grid is not supported except at the
edges, flooded lead-acid batteries are
mechanically the weakest batteries.
- Typically, the cells can be accessed via small
~1/2" holes in the top casing of the battery.
The plastic container used for flooded cells will
have one or more cells molded into it.
- Since the container is not sealed, great care
has to be taken to ensure that the electrolyte
does not come into contact with you or
seawater (chlorine gas).
- The water needs of flooded cells can be
reduced via the use of Hydrocaps, which
facilitate the recombination of Oxygen and
Hydrogen during the charging process.
- Flooded cells have to be bought locally or
delivered by surface transport.
- Deep-Cycle Flooded cell battery
manufacturers recommend a 4 to 1 ratio
between battery bank size and the largest load
encountered on board.
- Flooded cells lose up to 1% per day due to self-
- Wet Cells or Flooded are the most common lead-acid battery-type in use today.
- High quality deep-cycle wet cell batteries will offer good performance and offer the most design
options, dimensional sizes and Ah capacities.
- Deep-cycle Wet Cell batteries have thick lead plates that are alloyed with antimony, and are
flooded with an electrolyte and water mix. They usually are not sealed so the electrolyte can be